As I mentioned in Pumpkin’s Birthday letter I will soon be returning to my day job. After almost 14 fun filled months with my baby girl I will be back in the office 3 days per week. I’m not 100% sure what role I am going back to. Its a newly created post so there is a lot of uncertainty about exactly what the role will entail. I will have a new manager too which I am very excited about as it feels like a great opportunity to start fresh.
In preparation for this Pumpkin has now started nursery. She’ll be there 2 days per week while Grandma looks after her on the third day. So far she is loving nursery and they seem to fill her days with so much fun and food that she is exhausted when she gets home!
The part I can’t get my head around is the new routine we will need to fall into. Leaving the house at 8am 3 mornings per week sounds like a mammoth task! Remembering all the bits we need for nursery and work will be interesting (I’ve already had one incident where I dropped Pumpkin at nursery and drove across town only to find her beloved Bunny on the backseat – oops!).
So to give me a fighting chance of being able to cope with this new routine, the next 3 weeks are entitled ‘Operation Back to Work’! The objectives are;
- Get the house organised, clean, tidy and uncluttered so housework becomes easier and faster and the spare room doesn’t make me want to cry every time I open the door!
- Think food! I plan to come up with a workable meal plan for my first month back at work which is tasty, achievable and affordable (and doesn’t include having the local chinese on speed dial!). I also plan to batch cook some favourites to keep in for busy work days.
- Sell Sell Sell. Ties in with the de-cluttering above. I have loads of bits I’ve been meaning to sell for ages and now is the time to do it!
- Get organised for Christmas. Uh-oh I said it! I think December will fly by so to avoid a Christmas panic I want to shop as much as I can before I get back to work.
- Household Plan. I know from experience that I can get overwhelmed when the housework builds up so I intend to make a weekly household plan so that it is broken down into manageable chunks and scheduled through the week.